- Replace the Central Avenue Bridge to accommodate additional auxiliary lanes on the GSP
- Utility upgrades
- Bridge construction work to be performed in three (3) stages following utility relocations
- Temporary traffic shifts will be utilized to facilitate the work
- Short duration temporary detours will be needed during utility relocation work
- Significant utility relocation work including drainage, water mains, gas mains and electrical facilities will be performed
- Utility relocation work to begin on or about November 2018
March 25, 2022
- Central Avenue traffic has been restored to its original configuration and all work zones removed. All travel lanes and turn lanes have been re-opened over the bridge. Eastbound and westbound left turns at Oraton Parkway and Whittlesey Avenue are restored.
- No work planned.