- Provide a two-lane entrance ramp from the Interchange 145 Toll Plaza to GSP Southbound
- Widen GSP northbound to re‐establish a two-lane deceleration lane to the Interchange 145 Toll Plaza
- Remove exiting Toll Plaza at Interchange 145
- Minimize construction impacts on both the GSP and the local roadway network
- Complete all work on the GSP within the existing right‐of‐way
- Construction work to be performed in three (3) stages
- Temporary traffic shifts within the Toll Plaza will be utilized to facilitate the work
- Work to begin on or about July 16, 2018
October 16, 2020
- The Garden State Parkway implemented "One-Way Tolling" at Interchange 145. The northbound GSP exit toll at Interchange 145 has been eliminated and the entrance toll has increased.
- Work zones have been created on the right shoulder of northbound and southbound GSP immediately south of Interchange 145 (milepost 146.5) for Central Avenue Bridge reconstruction.
- A temporary exit ramp has been opened from southbound Garden State Parkway to Oraton Parkway at New Street in East Orange. The temporary exit ramp provides access to Central Avenue (CR 508) and to Newark via a detour east during bridge construction at Central Avenue. Access to Route 280 remains unchanged. Please refer to the graphic below or CLICK HERE to see full-sized, animated graphics of the detours on the project website.
- Long-term work zones have been established on the right shoulder of northbound and southbound Garden State Parkway at Springfield Avenue, Milepost 144.7, for bridge related work.
- During the weeks of 10/19/20 and 10/26/20, roadway reconstruction work will be performed in the Garden State Parkway right shoulder, northbound and southbound, between Maybaum Avenue and Central Avenue (Milepost 146.5 to 146.7).
- During the evenings of 10/19/20 through 10/30/20, nighttime lane closures on the northbound and southbound Garden State Parkway will be utilized for bridge related work at Central Avenue, Milepost 146.7. Minor traffic impacts are expected. Work will be supported by State Police.