- Reconstruct the pavement along Oraton Parkway Northbound and Southbound from Central Avenue to Park Street.
- Replace five traffic signals located at the following intersections: Oraton Parkway NB with Freeway Drive; Oraton Parkway SB with Freeway Drive; Oraton Parkway NB with Williams Street; Oraton Parkway SB with Williams Street; and Oraton Parkway NB with New Street.
- Construction work to be performed in multiple stages between Park Avenue and immediately south of Central Avenue
- Temporary traffic shifts will be utilized to facilitate the work
- A temporary exit ramp from southbound Garden State Parkway to southbound North Oraton Parkway will be located south of New Street
- Temporary detours will be utilized to facilitate the work
- Temporary pavement repairs will be performed
- Work to begin on or about July 9, 2018
November 8, 2019
- During the week of 11/11/19, roadway reconstruction will continue on Oraton Parkway southbound, between Freeway Drive and Central Avenue. Street parking and driveway access will be impacted. Work will be supported by East Orange Police.
- During the week of 11/18/19, roadway reconstruction will continue on Oraton Parkway northbound, between Central Avenue and Winthrop Terrace. Street parking and driveway access will be impacted. Work will be supported by East Orange Police.