- Reconstruct the pavement along Oraton Parkway Northbound and Southbound from Central Avenue to Park Street.
- Replace five traffic signals located at the following intersections: Oraton Parkway NB with Freeway Drive; Oraton Parkway SB with Freeway Drive; Oraton Parkway NB with Williams Street; Oraton Parkway SB with Williams Street; and Oraton Parkway NB with New Street.
- Construction work to be performed in multiple stages between Park Avenue and immediately south of Central Avenue
- Temporary traffic shifts will be utilized to facilitate the work
- A temporary exit ramp from southbound Garden State Parkway to southbound North Oraton Parkway will be located south of New Street
- Temporary detours will be utilized to facilitate the work
- Temporary pavement repairs will be performed
- Work to begin on or about July 9, 2018
March 20, 2020
- During the week of 03/23/20, retaining wall reconstruction work will be performed on Whittlesey Avenue and on northbound Oraton Parkway between Central Avenue and Winthrop Terrace. Work will be supported by East Orange Police.
- A new long-term work zone has been created on South Oraton Parkway northbound, left side, between Central Avenue and Winthrop Terrace. Street parking will be maintained. Please refer to the graphic below for details.