- Provide a two-lane entrance ramp from the Interchange 145 Toll Plaza to GSP Southbound
- Widen GSP northbound to re‐establish a two-lane deceleration lane to the Interchange 145 Toll Plaza
- Remove exiting Toll Plaza at Interchange 145
- Minimize construction impacts on both the GSP and the local roadway network
- Complete all work on the GSP within the existing right‐of‐way
- Construction work to be performed in three (3) stages
- Temporary traffic shifts within the Toll Plaza will be utilized to facilitate the work
- Work to begin on or about July 16, 2018
July 1, 2022
- The Garden State Parkway implemented "One-Way Tolling" at Interchange 145. The northbound GSP exit toll at Interchange 145 has been eliminated and the entrance toll has increased.
- Northbound Garden State Parkway traffic has been restored to its original alignment with three (3) through lanes, between Milepost 145.9 and Milepost 146.8 (Interchange 145) in East Orange and the addition of a second exit lane into Interchange 145.
- Southbound Garden State Parkway traffic has been restored to its original alignment with three (3) through lanes, between Milepost 147.3 and Milepost 146.7 (Interchange 145) in East Orange and the addition of a second southbound entrance ramp lane from Interchange 145.
- All work has been completed.