- Provide a two-lane entrance ramp from the Interchange 145 Toll Plaza to GSP Southbound
- Widen GSP northbound to re‐establish a two-lane deceleration lane to the Interchange 145 Toll Plaza
- Remove exiting Toll Plaza at Interchange 145
- Minimize construction impacts on both the GSP and the local roadway network
- Complete all work on the GSP within the existing right‐of‐way
- Construction work to be performed in three (3) stages
- Temporary traffic shifts within the Toll Plaza will be utilized to facilitate the work
- Work to begin on or about July 16, 2018
March 25, 2022
- The Garden State Parkway implemented "One-Way Tolling" at Interchange 145. The northbound GSP exit toll at Interchange 145 has been eliminated and the entrance toll has increased.
- A new work zone has been created on the left side of Interchange 145 entrance ramp to southbound Garden State Parkway, including the southbound Garden State Parkway right side at Milepost 146.7 for retaining wall construction.
- Northbound Garden State Parkway traffic has been restored to its original alignment with three (3) through lanes, between Milepost 145.9 and Milepost 146.8 (Interchange 145) in East Orange and the addition of a second exit lane into Interchange 145.
- During the weeks of 03/28/22, nighttime lane closures will be implemented on southbound Garden State Parkway near Interchange 145 in support of entrance ramp construction work.
- On or about 03/30/22, traffic on the Interchange 145 Southbound Entrance Ramp will be shifted to the left and a new work zone created on the right. Minor traffic impacts are expected. Work will be supported by State Police.