- Provide a two-lane entrance ramp from the Interchange 145 Toll Plaza to GSP Southbound
- Widen GSP northbound to re‐establish a two-lane deceleration lane to the Interchange 145 Toll Plaza
- Remove exiting Toll Plaza at Interchange 145
- Minimize construction impacts on both the GSP and the local roadway network
- Complete all work on the GSP within the existing right‐of‐way
- Construction work to be performed in three (3) stages
- Temporary traffic shifts within the Toll Plaza will be utilized to facilitate the work
- Work to begin on or about July 16, 2018
August 27, 2021
- The Garden State Parkway implemented "One-Way Tolling" at Interchange 145. The northbound GSP exit toll at Interchange 145 has been eliminated and the entrance toll has increased.
- A new work zone has been created on the left side of Interchange 145 entrance ramp to southbound Garden State Parkway, including the southbound Garden State Parkway right side at Milepost 146.7 for retaining wall construction.
- During the weeks of 08/30/21 through 09/27/21, nighttime lane closures will be utilized on northbound and southbound Garden State Parkway between Milepost 144 (Springfield Avenue) and Milepost 147 (Interchange 145) for roadway reconstruction work. Work will be supported by State Police.
- During the week of 09/13/21, northbound Garden State Parkway traffic will be restored to its original alignment with four (4) through lanes, between Milepost 145.9 and Milepost 146.8 (Interchange 145) in East Orange and the addition of a second exit lane into Interchange 145. Work will be supported by State Police.