- Provide a two-lane entrance ramp from the Interchange 145 Toll Plaza to GSP Southbound
- Widen GSP northbound to re‐establish a two-lane deceleration lane to the Interchange 145 Toll Plaza
- Remove exiting Toll Plaza at Interchange 145
- Minimize construction impacts on both the GSP and the local roadway network
- Complete all work on the GSP within the existing right‐of‐way
- Construction work to be performed in three (3) stages
- Temporary traffic shifts within the Toll Plaza will be utilized to facilitate the work
- Work to begin on or about July 16, 2018
July 30, 2021
- The Garden State Parkway implemented "One-Way Tolling" at Interchange 145. The northbound GSP exit toll at Interchange 145 has been eliminated and the entrance toll has increased.
- During the weeks of 08/02/21 through 08/23/21, nighttime lane closures will be utilized on northbound and southbound Garden State Parkway between Milepost 144 (Springfield Avenue) and Milepost 147 (Interchange 145) for roadway reconstruction work. Work will be supported by State Police.
- During the week of 08/16/21, southbound Garden State Parkway traffic will be shifted to the left and a new work zone created on the right shoulder between Milepost 147 (Interchange 145) and Milepost 146.4 (Maybaum Avenue) in East Orange. Traffic entering the Southbound Roadway from interchange 145 will be reduced to a single entrance lane from the Toll Plaza to the merge onto Southbound Garden State Parkway. Work will be supported by State Police.
- During the week of 08/23/21, northbound Garden State Parkway traffic will be restored to its original alignment with three (3) through lanes and the addition of a second exit lane into Interchange 145. Work will be supported by State Police.