- Provide a two-lane entrance ramp from the Interchange 145 Toll Plaza to GSP Southbound
- Widen GSP northbound to re‐establish a two-lane deceleration lane to the Interchange 145 Toll Plaza
- Remove exiting Toll Plaza at Interchange 145
- Minimize construction impacts on both the GSP and the local roadway network
- Complete all work on the GSP within the existing right‐of‐way
- Construction work to be performed in three (3) stages
- Temporary traffic shifts within the Toll Plaza will be utilized to facilitate the work
- Work to begin on or about July 16, 2018
March 12, 2021
- The Garden State Parkway implemented "One-Way Tolling" at Interchange 145. The northbound GSP exit toll at Interchange 145 has been eliminated and the entrance toll has increased.
- Work zones have been created on the left side (median) of northbound and southbound GSP between 14th Avenue (milepost 146.0) and Interchange 145 (milepost 146.9) for median roadway and barrier reconstruction.
- During the weeks of 03/15/21 through 03/29/21, nighttime lane closures will be utilized on northbound and southbound Garden State Parkway between Interchange 144 and Interchange 145 for roadway reconstruction work. Work will be supported by State Police.
- A new work zone has been created on the southbound Garden State Parkway right shoulder at Milepost 147.2 in East Orange for roadway barrier construction.