- Reconstruct the pavement along Oraton Parkway Northbound and Southbound from Central Avenue to Park Street.
- Replace five traffic signals located at the following intersections: Oraton Parkway NB with Freeway Drive; Oraton Parkway SB with Freeway Drive; Oraton Parkway NB with Williams Street; Oraton Parkway SB with Williams Street; and Oraton Parkway NB with New Street.
- Construction work to be performed in multiple stages between Park Avenue and immediately south of Central Avenue
- Temporary traffic shifts will be utilized to facilitate the work
- A temporary exit ramp from southbound Garden State Parkway to southbound North Oraton Parkway will be located south of New Street
- Temporary detours will be utilized to facilitate the work
- Temporary pavement repairs will be performed
- Work to begin on or about July 9, 2018
September 20, 2019
- During the week of 09/23/19, roadway striping and cleanup work will be performed on Oraton Parkway northbound, between New Street and Park Avenue. Minor impacts are expected. Work will be supported by East Orange Police.
- During the week of 09/23/19 through 09/30/19, roadway reconstruction will continue on Oraton Parkway southbound, between Park Avenue and New Street. Street parking and driveway access will be impacted. Work will be supported by East Orange Police. Please CLICK HERE to view the maps and phases.