- Reconstruct the pavement along Oraton Parkway Northbound and Southbound from Central Avenue to Park Street.
- Replace five traffic signals located at the following intersections: Oraton Parkway NB with Freeway Drive; Oraton Parkway SB with Freeway Drive; Oraton Parkway NB with Williams Street; Oraton Parkway SB with Williams Street; and Oraton Parkway NB with New Street.
- Construction work to be performed in multiple stages between Park Avenue and immediately south of Central Avenue
- Temporary traffic shifts will be utilized to facilitate the work
- A temporary exit ramp from southbound Garden State Parkway to southbound North Oraton Parkway will be located south of New Street
- Temporary detours will be utilized to facilitate the work
- Temporary pavement repairs will be performed
- Work to begin on or about July 9, 2018
November 22, 2019
- During the week of 11/25/19, roadway reconstruction will continue on Oraton Parkway southbound at Freeway Drive. Minor traffic impacts are expected. Work will be supported by East Orange Police.
November 15, 2019
- During the week of 11/18/19, roadway reconstruction will continue on Oraton Parkway southbound at Freeway Drive. Vehicles traveling eastbound on Freeway Drive will be detoured at Oraton Parkway. Work will be supported by East Orange Police.