- Reconstruct the pavement along Oraton Parkway Northbound and Southbound from Central Avenue to Park Street.
- Replace five traffic signals located at the following intersections: Oraton Parkway NB with Freeway Drive; Oraton Parkway SB with Freeway Drive; Oraton Parkway NB with Williams Street; Oraton Parkway SB with Williams Street; and Oraton Parkway NB with New Street.
- Construction work to be performed in multiple stages between Park Avenue and immediately south of Central Avenue
- Temporary traffic shifts will be utilized to facilitate the work
- A temporary exit ramp from southbound Garden State Parkway to southbound North Oraton Parkway will be located south of New Street
- Temporary detours will be utilized to facilitate the work
- Temporary pavement repairs will be performed
- Work to begin on or about July 9, 2018
May 24, 2019
- A new work zone and traffic pattern has been established on westbound Freeway Drive over the GSP. This work zone will be utilized for traffic signal construction.
- Continue new roadway lighting installation between Central Avenue and Freeway Drive. Work will be supported by East Orange Police.
- During the week of 05/28/19, curb and sidewalk replacement will continue on South Oraton Parkway northbound, between Winthrop Terrace and Williams Street. During this work, access to residential driveways will be limited. Work will be supported by East Orange Police.
- Beginning the week of 05/28/19, curb and sidewalk replacement will begin on South Oraton Parkway northbound, between Williams Street and Park Avenue. Work will be supported by East Orange Police.