GSP ROADWAY AND INTERCHANGE 145 TOLL PLAZA
- The Garden State Parkway implemented “One-Way Tolling” at Interchange 145. The northbound GSP exit toll at Interchange 145 has been eliminated and the entrance toll has increased.
- Work zones have been created on the right shoulder of northbound and southbound GSP immediately south of Interchange 145 (milepost 146.5) for Central Avenue Bridge reconstruction.
- A temporary exit ramp has been opened from southbound Garden State Parkway to Oraton Parkway at New Street in East Orange. The temporary exit ramp provides access to Central Avenue (CR 508) and to Newark via a detour east during bridge construction at Central Avenue. Access to Route 280 remains unchanged. Please refer to the graphic below or CLICK HERE to see full-sized, animated graphics of the detours on the project website.
- Long-term work zones have been established on the right shoulder of northbound and southbound Garden State Parkway at Springfield Avenue, Milepost 144.7, for bridge related work.
REPLACEMENT OF CENTRAL AVENUE OVERPASS
- A new traffic pattern has been implemented on Central Avenue and a new work zone created on the north side of the roadway over the Garden State Parkway, between Watson Avenue and Hawthorne Place. Two Central Avenue travel lanes will be maintained westbound and one travel lane will be maintained eastbound over the bridge. Eastbound and westbound left turns at Oraton Parkway and Whittlesey Avenue are temporarily prohibited during construction. Please refer to the graphic below for details.
ORATON PARKWAY IMPROVEMENTS
- During the weeks of 04/20/20 and 04/27/20, sidewalk and curb reconstruction work will be performed on Whittlesey Avenue. Please refer to the graphic below for details. Work will be supported by East Orange Police.
- A new long-term work zone has been created on South Oraton Parkway northbound, left side, between Central Avenue and Winthrop Terrace. Street parking will be maintained.
STRUCTURE NO. 144.7: GSP UNDER CLINTON AND SPRINGFIELD AVENUES
- New long-term work zones have been established on the right shoulder of northbound and southbound Garden State Parkway at Springfield Avenue, Milepost 144.7, for bridge related work.
STRUCTURE NO. 146.0: GSP OVER 14TH AVENUE
STRUCTURE NO. 146.1: GSP OVER SOUTH ORANGE AVENUE
STRUCTURE NO. 149.7: GSP UNDER MONTGOMERY STREET
STRUCTURE NO. 151.6: GSP UNDER EAST PASSAIC AVENUE (CR 562)
- A work zone has been created on the south side of East Passaic Avenue between Harrison Street and Milton Avenue for bridge demolition and construction work. Work will be supported by Nutley Police as necessary.
- The pedestrian walkway over the East Passaic Avenue Bridge has been relocated to the south side of the structure.