GSP ROADWAY AND INTERCHANGE 145 TOLL PLAZA
- The Garden State Parkway implemented “One-Way Tolling” at Interchange 145. The northbound GSP exit toll at Interchange 145 has been eliminated and the entrance toll has increased.
- Work zones have been created on the right shoulder of northbound and southbound GSP immediately south of Interchange 145 (milepost 146.5) for Central Avenue Bridge reconstruction.
- A temporary exit ramp has been opened from southbound Garden State Parkway to Oraton Parkway at New Street in East Orange. The temporary exit ramp provides access to Central Avenue (CR 508) and to Newark via a detour east during bridge construction at Central Avenue. Access to Route 280 remains unchanged. Please refer to the graphic below or CLICK HERE to see full-sized, animated graphics of the detours on the project website.
- During the weeks of 08/26/19 through 09/09/19, nighttime lane closures will be utilized in the vicinity of Montgomery Street in Bloomfield for bridge related work. Work will be supported by State Police.
REPLACEMENT OF CENTRAL AVENUE OVERPASS
- A work zone has been created on the south side of Central Avenue Bridge over the GSP. Two Central Avenue travel lanes will be maintained westbound and one travel lane will be maintained eastbound over the bridge. Eastbound and westbound left turns at Oraton Parkway and Whittlesey Avenue are temporarily prohibited during construction. Please refer to the graphic below and CLICK HERE to see full-sized, animated graphics of the detours on the project website.
- During the weeks of 08/26/19 through 09/09/19, deep foundation work will be performed at the Central Avenue Bridge.
- During the weeks of 08/26/19 through 09/09/19, electrical utility work will be performed on Central Avenue between Watson Avenue and Hawthorn Place. Work will be supported by East Orange Police.
ORATON PARKWAY IMPROVEMENTS
- During the week of 08/26/19, curb and sidewalk replacement will continue on Oraton Parkway southbound, between Park Avenue and Central Avenue. Work will be supported by East Orange Police.
- During the weeks of 08/26/19 through 09/09/19, roadway reconstruction will continue on Oraton Parkway northbound, between Davis Place and Park Avenue. Street parking and driveway access will be impacted. Work will be supported by East Orange Police. Please CLICK HERE to view the maps and phases.
STRUCTURE NO. 144.7: GSP UNDER CLINTON AND SPRINGFIELD AVENUES
STRUCTURE NO. 146.0: GSP OVER 14TH AVENUE
STRUCTURE NO. 146.1: GSP OVER SOUTH ORANGE AVENUE
STRUCTURE NO. 149.7: GSP UNDER MONTGOMERY STREET
- Westbound Montgomery Street at JFK Drive North has been detoured to Liberty Street to accommodate bridge deck reconstruction on the bridge over the Garden State Parkway. This traffic configuration will be in place through November 2019. Work will be supported by Bloomfield Police.
- During the week of 08/26/19 through 09/02/19, bridge deck construction will be performed within the south side work zone. Work will be supported by Bloomfield Police.
- During the week of 09/02/19, Montgomery Street will be restored to two-way traffic between Spruce Street and JFK Drive.
STRUCTURE NO. 151.6: GSP UNDER EAST PASSAIC AVENUE (CR 562)
- During the week of 08/26/19, East Passaic Avenue traffic will be shifted to the south side of the roadway, maintaining two-way traffic, between Milton Avenue and Harrison Street. Work will be supported by Nutley Police.