GSP ROADWAY AND INTERCHANGE 145 TOLL PLAZA
- The Garden State Parkway implemented “One-Way Tolling” at Interchange 145. The northbound GSP exit toll at Interchange 145 has been eliminated and the entrance toll has increased.
- Work zones have been created on the right shoulder of northbound and southbound GSP immediately south of Interchange 145 (milepost 146.5) for Central Avenue Bridge reconstruction.
- A temporary exit ramp has been opened from southbound Garden State Parkway to Oraton Parkway at New Street in East Orange. The temporary exit ramp provides access to Central Avenue (CR 508) and to Newark via a detour east during bridge construction at Central Avenue. Access to Route 280 remains unchanged. Please refer to the graphic below or CLICK HERE to see full-sized, animated graphics of the detours on the project website.
- A new work zone has been created in the median of Garden State Parkway at Montgomery Street in Bloomfield, Milepost 149.7, for bridge related work.
REPLACEMENT OF CENTRAL AVENUE OVERPASS
- A work zone has been created on the south side of Central Avenue Bridge over the GSP. Two Central Avenue travel lanes will be maintained westbound and one travel lane will be maintained eastbound over the bridge. Eastbound and westbound left turns at Oraton Parkway and Whittlesey Avenue are temporarily prohibited during construction. Please refer to the graphic below and CLICK HERE to see full-sized, animated graphics of the detours on the project website.
- During the week of 01/06/20 through 01/13/20, eastbound Central Avenue will be reduced to a single travel lane between Whittlesey Avenue and Hawthorne Place for electric utility work. Work will be supported by East Orange Police.
ORATON PARKWAY IMPROVEMENTS
- During the week of 12/23/19 through 01/13/20, retaining wall reconstruction work will be performed on Whittlesey Avenue and on northbound Oraton Parkway between Central Avenue and Winthrop Terrace. Work will be supported by East Orange Police.
STRUCTURE NO. 144.7: GSP UNDER CLINTON AND SPRINGFIELD AVENUES
STRUCTURE NO. 146.0: GSP OVER 14TH AVENUE
STRUCTURE NO. 146.1: GSP OVER SOUTH ORANGE AVENUE
- During the week of 12/23/19 through 01/06/20, bridge work will continue on northbound and southbound Garden State Parkway at South Orange Avenue in dedicated right shoulder work zones.
STRUCTURE NO. 149.7: GSP UNDER MONTGOMERY STREET
STRUCTURE NO. 151.6: GSP UNDER EAST PASSAIC AVENUE (CR 562)
- A new work zone has been created on the south side of East Passaic Avenue between Harrison Street and Milton Avenue for bridge demolition and construction work. Work will be supported by Nutley Police as necessary.