GSP ROADWAY AND INTERCHANGE 145 TOLL PLAZA
- The Garden State Parkway implemented “One-Way Tolling” at Interchange 145. The northbound GSP exit toll at Interchange 145 has been eliminated and the entrance toll has increased.
- Work zones have been created on the right shoulder of northbound and southbound GSP immediately south of Interchange 145 (milepost 146.5) for Central Avenue Bridge reconstruction.
- A temporary exit ramp has been opened from southbound Garden State Parkway to Oraton Parkway at New Street in East Orange. The temporary exit ramp provides access to Central Avenue (CR 508) and to Newark via a detour east during bridge construction at Central Avenue. Access to Route 280 remains unchanged. Please refer to the graphic below or CLICK HERE to see full-sized, animated graphics of the detours on the project website.
- A new work zone has been created on the left side (median) of southbound GSP between Interchange 145 (milepost 146.9) and 14th Avenue (milepost 146.0) for median roadway and barrier reconstruction.
- During the week of 01/11/21, nighttime lane closures will be utilized on northbound Garden State Parkway between Interchange 144 and Interchange 145 for roadway reconstruction work. Work will be supported by State Police.
- During the week of 01/11/21, a new work zone will be created on the left side (median) of northbound GSP between14th Avenue (milepost 146.0) and Interchange 145 (milepost 146.9) for median roadway and barrier reconstruction.
REPLACEMENT OF CENTRAL AVENUE OVERPASS
- A new traffic pattern has been implemented on Central Avenue and a new work zone created on the north side of the roadway over the Garden State Parkway, between Watson Avenue and Hawthorne Place. Two Central Avenue travel lanes will be maintained westbound and one travel lane will be maintained eastbound over the bridge. Eastbound and westbound left turns at Oraton Parkway and Whittlesey Avenue are temporarily prohibited during construction. Please refer to the graphic below for details.
- During the weeks of 01/11/21 and 01/18/21, roadway reconstruction work will be performed in the intersections of northbound and southbound Oraton Parkway at Central Avenue. Work will be supported by East Orange Police.
ORATON PARKWAY IMPROVEMENTS
- During the weeks of 01/11/21 and 01/18/21, roadway reconstruction work will be performed on northbound and southbound South Oraton Parkway near Central Avenue. Work will be supported by East Orange Police.
STRUCTURE NO. 144.7: GSP UNDER CLINTON AND SPRINGFIELD AVENUES
- New long-term work zones have been established on the right shoulder of northbound and southbound Garden State Parkway at Springfield Avenue, Milepost 144.7, for bridge related work.
- Bridge repair work is ongoing within the northbound Garden State Parkway right shoulder work zone.
STRUCTURE NO. 146.0: GSP OVER 14TH AVENUE
STRUCTURE NO. 146.1: GSP OVER SOUTH ORANGE AVENUE
STRUCTURE NO. 149.7: GSP UNDER MONTGOMERY STREET
STRUCTURE NO. 151.6: GSP UNDER EAST PASSAIC AVENUE (CR 562)