GSP ROADWAY AND INTERCHANGE 145 TOLL PLAZA
- The Garden State Parkway implemented “One-Way Tolling” at Interchange 145. The northbound GSP exit toll at Interchange 145 has been eliminated and the entrance toll has increased.
- Work zones have been created on the right shoulder of northbound and southbound GSP immediately south of Interchange 145 (milepost 146.5) for Central Avenue Bridge reconstruction.
- A temporary exit ramp has been opened from southbound Garden State Parkway to Oraton Parkway at New Street in East Orange. The temporary exit ramp provides access to Central Avenue (CR 508) and to Newark via a detour east during bridge construction at Central Avenue. Access to Route 280 remains unchanged. Please refer to the graphic below or CLICK HERE to see full-sized, animated graphics of the detours on the project website.
- Nighttime lane closures will be utilized the week of 01/28/19 northbound and southbound on the GSP for pavement repairs. Work will be supported by State Police.
REPLACEMENT OF CENTRAL AVENUE OVERPASS
- A work zone has been created on the south side of Central Avenue Bridge over the GSP. Two Central Avenue travel lanes will be maintained westbound and one travel lane will be maintained eastbound over the bridge. Eastbound and westbound left turns at Oraton Parkway and Whittlesey Avenue are temporarily prohibited during construction. Please refer to the graphic below and CLICK HERE to see full-sized, animated graphics of the detours on the project website.
- During the weeks of 01/28/19 and 02/04/19, PSE&G will be performing utility work within the Central Avenue work zone in support of the Project.
ORATON PARKWAY IMPROVEMENTS
- A new work zone and traffic pattern has been established on westbound Freeway Drive over the GSP. This work zone will be utilized for traffic signal construction.
- Continue roadway reconstruction work at the intersection of Freeway Drive and southbound Oraton Parkway and at the intersection of Freeway Drive and northbound Oraton Parkway. Work will be supported by East Orange Police.
- Continue roadway reconstruction work at the intersection of New Street and the intersection of Williams Street with northbound Oraton Parkway.
- Continue selective tree removal along Oraton Parkway between Park Avenue and Central Avenue.
- During the week of 01/28/19, a new work zone will be created on eastbound Williams Street over the GSP. This work zone will be utilized for bridge and traffic signal construction.
STRUCTURE NO. 144.7: GSP UNDER CLINTON AND SPRINGFIELD AVENUES
STRUCTURE NO. 146.0: GSP OVER 14TH AVENUE
STRUCTURE NO. 146.1: GSP OVER SOUTH ORANGE AVENUE
STRUCTURE NO. 149.7: GSP UNDER MONTGOMERY STREET
- During the week of 01/28/19, temporary roadway widening work will begin on the Montgomery Street bridge in advance of staged construction. Work will be supported by Bloomfield Police.
- During the week of 02/04/19, westbound Montgomery Street at JFK Drive North will be detoured to Liberty Street to accommodate bridge deck reconstruction on the bridge over the Garden State Parkway. Work will be supported by Bloomfield Police. Please refer to the graphic below and CLICK HERE to see full-sized, animated graphics of the detours on the project website.
STRUCTURE NO. 151.6: GSP UNDER EAST PASSAIC AVENUE (CR 562)