GSP ROADWAY AND INTERCHANGE 145 TOLL PLAZA
- The Garden State Parkway implemented “One-Way Tolling” at Interchange 145. The northbound GSP exit toll at Interchange 145 has been eliminated and the entrance toll has increased.
- Work zones have been created on the right shoulder of northbound and southbound GSP immediately south of Interchange 145 (milepost 146.5) for Central Avenue Bridge reconstruction.
- A temporary exit ramp has been opened from southbound Garden State Parkway to Oraton Parkway at New Street in East Orange. The temporary exit ramp provides access to Central Avenue (CR 508) and to Newark via a detour east during bridge construction at Central Avenue. Access to Route 280 remains unchanged. Please refer to the graphic below or CLICK HERE to see full-sized, animated graphics of the detours on the project website.
- Nighttime lane closures will be utilized the week of 03/04/19 northbound and southbound on the GSP for pavement repairs and bridge work. Work will be supported by State Police.
REPLACEMENT OF CENTRAL AVENUE OVERPASS
- A work zone has been created on the south side of Central Avenue Bridge over the GSP. Two Central Avenue travel lanes will be maintained westbound and one travel lane will be maintained eastbound over the bridge. Eastbound and westbound left turns at Oraton Parkway and Whittlesey Avenue are temporarily prohibited during construction. Please refer to the graphic below and CLICK HERE to see full-sized, animated graphics of the detours on the project website.
- During the week of 03/04/19, PSE&G will be performing utility work within the Central Avenue work zone in support of the Project.
- During the week of 03/04/19, deep drainage work will continue within the Birchwood Avenue work zone.
- During the week of 03/04/19, roadway lighting work will be performed on Whittlesey Avenue. There will be no interruption to the existing lighting. Work will be supported by East Orange Police.
- During the week of 03/04/19, bridge deck demolition will begin on Central Avenue.
ORATON PARKWAY IMPROVEMENTS
- A new work zone and traffic pattern has been established on westbound Freeway Drive over the GSP. This work zone will be utilized for traffic signal construction.
- Continue roadway reconstruction work at the intersection of Freeway Drive and southbound Oraton Parkway. Work will be supported by East Orange Police.
- Continue roadway reconstruction work at the intersection of Williams Street with southbound Oraton Parkway.
- Continue new roadway lighting installation between Wilcox Avenue and Freeway Drive.
STRUCTURE NO. 144.7: GSP UNDER CLINTON AND SPRINGFIELD AVENUES
STRUCTURE NO. 146.0: GSP OVER 14TH AVENUE
STRUCTURE NO. 146.1: GSP OVER SOUTH ORANGE AVENUE
STRUCTURE NO. 149.7: GSP UNDER MONTGOMERY STREET
- Westbound Montgomery Street at JFK Drive North has been detoured to Liberty Street to accommodate bridge deck reconstruction on the bridge over the Garden State Parkway. This traffic configuration will be in place through November 2019. Work will be supported by Bloomfield Police. Please refer to the graphic below and CLICK HERE to see full-sized, animated graphics of the detours on the project website.
- During the week of 03/04/19, bridge demolition work will continue during the day. Work will be supported by Bloomfield Police.
STRUCTURE NO. 151.6: GSP UNDER EAST PASSAIC AVENUE (CR 562)