GSP ROADWAY AND INTERCHANGE 145 TOLL PLAZA
- The Garden State Parkway implemented “One-Way Tolling” at Interchange 145. The northbound GSP exit toll at Interchange 145 has been eliminated and the entrance toll has increased.
- Work zones have been created on the right shoulder of northbound and southbound GSP immediately south of Interchange 145 (milepost 146.5) for Central Avenue Bridge reconstruction.
- A temporary exit ramp has been opened from southbound Garden State Parkway to Oraton Parkway at New Street in East Orange. The temporary exit ramp provides access to Central Avenue (CR 508) and to Newark via a detour east during bridge construction at Central Avenue. Access to Route 280 remains unchanged. Please refer to the graphic below or CLICK HERE to see full-sized, animated graphics of the detours on the project website.
- During the weeks of 06/03/19 through 06/24/19, nighttime asphalt paving operations will continue on the Garden State Parkway between mileposts 146 and 149. Nighttime lane closures will be utilized to facilitate this work. Work will be supported by State Police.
REPLACEMENT OF CENTRAL AVENUE OVERPASS
- A work zone has been created on the south side of Central Avenue Bridge over the GSP. Two Central Avenue travel lanes will be maintained westbound and one travel lane will be maintained eastbound over the bridge. Eastbound and westbound left turns at Oraton Parkway and Whittlesey Avenue are temporarily prohibited during construction. Please refer to the graphic below and CLICK HERE to see full-sized, animated graphics of the detours on the project website.
- During the weeks of 06/03/19 through 08/26/19, PSE&G will be performing significant utility related work on Central Avenue in support of the Project. This PSE&G work will have impacts on traffic between Freeman Avenue and Grove Street.
ORATON PARKWAY IMPROVEMENTS
- A work zone has been established on westbound Freeway Drive over the GSP. This work zone will be utilized for new sidewalk construction.
- A work zone has been established on westbound Williams Street over the GSP. This work zone will be utilized for new sidewalk construction.
- During the week of 06/03/19 through 06/10/19, bridge sidewalk and parapet reconstruction will continue on Williams Street at Oraton Parkway. Work will be supported by East Orange Police.
- During the week of 06/03/19, new roadway lighting installation will continue on Oraton Parkway between Central Avenue and Freeway Drive. Work will be supported by East Orange Police.
- During the week of 06/03/19 through 06/10/19, curb and sidewalk replacement will continue on Oraton Parkway northbound, between New Street and Park Avenue. Work will be supported by East Orange Police.
STRUCTURE NO. 144.7: GSP UNDER CLINTON AND SPRINGFIELD AVENUES
STRUCTURE NO. 146.0: GSP OVER 14TH AVENUE
STRUCTURE NO. 146.1: GSP OVER SOUTH ORANGE AVENUE
STRUCTURE NO. 149.7: GSP UNDER MONTGOMERY STREET
- Westbound Montgomery Street at JFK Drive North has been detoured to Liberty Street to accommodate bridge deck reconstruction on the bridge over the Garden State Parkway. This traffic configuration will be in place through November 2019. Work will be supported by Bloomfield Police.
- During the weeks of 06/03/19 through 06/20/19, bridge deck demolition will be performed within the south side work zone. Work will be supported by Bloomfield Police.
STRUCTURE NO. 151.6: GSP UNDER EAST PASSAIC AVENUE (CR 562)