GSP ROADWAY AND INTERCHANGE 145 TOLL PLAZA
- The Garden State Parkway implemented “One-Way Tolling” at Interchange 145. The northbound GSP exit toll at Interchange 145 has been eliminated and the entrance toll has increased.
- A new work zone has been created on the right shoulder of northbound GSP immediately south of Interchange 145 (milepost 146.5).
- A new temporary exit ramp has been opened from southbound Garden State Parkway to Oraton Parkway at New Street in East Orange. The new temporary exit ramp provides access to Central Avenue (CR 508) and to Newark via a detour east during bridge construction at Central Avenue. Access to Route 280 remains unchanged. Please refer to the graphic below or CLICK HERE to see full-sized, animated graphics of the detours on the project website.
- During the week of 11/26/18, southbound GSP roadway travel lanes will be shifted towards the median and a work zone will be created on the right shoulder immediately south of Interchange 145 (milepost 146.5). This work will be supported by State Police.
REPLACEMENT OF CENTRAL AVENUE OVERPASS
- Utility-related work will continue at the intersection of Central Avenue near Oraton Parkway and Birchwood Avenue. Minor traffic impacts are expected. Work will be supported by East Orange Police.
- A new work zone has been created on the south side of Central Avenue Bridge over the GSP. Two Central Avenue travel lanes will be maintained westbound and one travel lane will be maintained eastbound over the bridge. Please refer to the graphic below and CLICK HERE to see full-sized, animated graphics of the detours on the project website.
ORATON PARKWAY IMPROVEMENTS
- A new work zone and traffic pattern has been established on westbound Freeway Drive over the GSP. This work zone will be utilized for traffic signal construction.
- Continue roadway reconstruction work at the intersection of Freeway Drive and southbound Oraton Parkway and at the intersection of Freeway Drive and northbound Oraton Parkway. Work will be supported by East Orange Police.
- Continue roadway reconstruction work at the intersection of New Street and the intersection of Williams Street with northbound Oraton Parkway.
- Continue utility related work on Whittlesey Avenue and Birchwood Avenue, south of Central Avenue. Work will be supported by East Orange Police.
STRUCTURE NO. 144.7: GSP UNDER CLINTON AND SPRINGFIELD AVENUES
STRUCTURE NO. 146.0: GSP OVER 14TH AVENUE
STRUCTURE NO. 146.1: GSP OVER SOUTH ORANGE AVENUE
STRUCTURE NO. 149.7: GSP UNDER MONTGOMERY STREET
STRUCTURE NO. 151.6: GSP UNDER EAST PASSAIC AVENUE (CR 562)