GSP ROADWAY AND INTERCHANGE 145 TOLL PLAZA
- The Garden State Parkway implemented “One-Way Tolling” at Interchange 145. The northbound GSP exit toll at Interchange 145 has been eliminated and the entrance toll has increased.
- During the Week of 10/29/18, the existing southbound Garden State Parkway Exit 145 access to County Road 508, Central Avenue, will close and a new temporary ramp to Oraton Parkway and County Road 508, Central Avenue, will open. Access to Route 280 will remain unchanged. This new ramp configuration will be in place for two years.
- During the week of 11/19/18, northbound GSP roadway travel lanes will be shifted towards the median and a work zone will be created on the right shoulder immediately south of Interchange 145 (milepost 146.5). This work will be supported by State Police.
REPLACEMENT OF CENTRAL AVENUE OVERPASS
- Utility-related work will continue at the intersection of Central Avenue near Oraton Parkway and Birchwood Avenue. Minor traffic impacts are expected. Work will be supported by East Orange Police.
- During the week of 10/15/18, water main utility work will be performed on Central Avenue at the intersections of Birchwood Avenue and northbound Oraton Parkway. Work will be supported by East Orange Police.
- During the week of 11/19/18, a new work zone will be created on the south side of Central Avenue Bridge. Two travel lanes westbound and one lane east bound over the bridge will be maintained.
ORATON PARKWAY IMPROVEMENTS
- A work zone has been established on southbound Oraton Parkway between Williams Street and Freeway Drive to facilitate roadway reconstruction. Street parking is temporarily eliminated is this area.
- A new work zone and traffic pattern has been established on westbound Freeway Drive over the GSP. This work zone will be utilized for traffic signal construction.
- Continue roadway reconstruction work at the intersection of Freeway Drive and southbound Oraton Parkway and at the intersection of Freeway Drive and northbound Oraton Parkway. Work will be supported by East Orange Police.
- Continue roadway reconstruction work at the intersection of New Street and northbound Oraton Parkway.
- Begin utility related work on Whittlesey Avenue and Birchwood Avenue, south of Central Avenue. Work will be supported by East Orange Police.
- During the Week of 10/29/18, a temporary exit ramp will be opened from southbound Garden State Parkway to southbound Oraton Parkway at New Street. This new ramp configuration will be in place for two years.
STRUCTURE NO. 144.7: GSP UNDER CLINTON AND SPRINGFIELD AVENUES
STRUCTURE NO. 146.0: GSP OVER 14TH AVENUE
STRUCTURE NO. 146.1: GSP OVER SOUTH ORANGE AVENUE
STRUCTURE NO. 149.7: GSP UNDER MONTGOMERY STREET
STRUCTURE NO. 151.6: GSP UNDER EAST PASSAIC AVENUE (CR 562)
- During the week of 10/15/18, select tree pruning and removal within GSP property will be performed to facilitate aerial utility relocation on the east and west side of East Passaic Avenue.